M O L D E R
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Efficiently perform all tasks involved in the production of company’s products, follow standard work methods, and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Operate molding machine and accessories to make molds
· Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area and clean work area at the end of each shift
· Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
· All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
Physical environment/working conditions
The position is in the factory and involves:
· Bending, crouching, stooping, balancing, hearing climbing, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, & feeling for long periods of time throughout the day.
· Vision (far and near)
· Lifting 1-80 lbs.
· Carrying 1-80 lbs.
· Push/pull, handle up to 90 lbs.
Environmental working conditions
Employee will be exposed to:
· Humid-high moisture conditions
· Extreme heat – Temperature changes between hot and cold
· Noise level greater than 90 decibels
· Mild to heavy vibrations
Equipment and Machinery used:
· Hammers, hooks, wrenches, screwdrivers, various small hand tools, etc.
· Shovels, brooms
· Molding machine
· Metatarsal guard kick-off boots
· Hearing & eye protection
· Electric hoist
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
· 3-4 years of high school
· Understand and follow directions
· Read, write, add, subtract – to add and remember count accurately with distractions
· Molding skills: Knowledge and skill in areas of green sand molding.
· Must be able to work as part of a team.